Sunday, July 8, 2012

Disney for Adults: La Cava del Tequila and Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar

Going to Walt Disney World as a young girl was always a special treat. Perhaps my youth only allowed me to have a narrow view of what the World had to offer for as a child visiting the parks between the ages of 8 to 15, it seemed like Walt Disney World was created to cater specifically to young kids like me.

Now was woman nearing the age of 30, I still love visiting Walt Disney World, maybe even more than I did as a kid. Disney has this amazing way of always changing and always updating itself while staying faithful to its nostalgic details. Over my recent trips to WDW, I asked myself, what keeps me coming back as an adult? Well, I noticed that while I still enjoy doing some of the things I did as a little girl (the rides, the shows), when I visit Disney now as an adult, it’s a completely different experience.

It seems to me that people my age kind of grew up in what I’d like to call the Walt Disney World hey-day. Of course, WDW is still amazingly popular today, but I think the generation of children born in the 80s included some of the first families that made going to WDW on vacation each year, a family tradition. In the 1970s, WDW was just getting established. People associated WDW with Disneyland in California and still had no idea of how huge WDW truly was or what it had to offer. Families in the 1970s and 1980s typically would take family vacations elsewhere and if they did go to WDW, it was only as a one time trip.

Talking with other Disney lovers in my age range, it seems like we all frequented WDW quite a lot as children on family vacations. Now that this generation has grown up, these individuals have found their love for Disney is still there whether it’s for nostalgia, because they want their children to enjoy Disney like they did, or perhaps they’re like me and just simply will always love Disney just because it’s great. Now that these individuals are adults, Disney has been smart to cater to this huge demographic by adding new and exciting Disney attractions that well, cater to adults! Now while I have no factual proof that this was the Disney Company’s actual strategy, the addition of certain recent “attractions” would seem to help prove this theory correct.

First there is La Cava del Tequila at EPCOT’s Mexico Pavilion. Located inside the great Pyramid, La Cava del Tequila is a quaint 30-seat venue that offers more than 70 different varieties of tequila. I can personally recommend their fantastic margaritas, a tip I got from one of my Cast Member pals. J Whether you can find a seat at one of the charming tables in this cave inspired tavern or standing at the bar enjoying chatting away with the native Mexican bartenders, you’ll be sure to enjoy yourself! This fantastic adult attraction was added in late 2009 making it the first food & beverage location to cater specifically to adults.

Recent Disney news has released information regarding ANOTHER adult food & beverage venue similar to Mexico’s La Cava del Tequila. This time Disney focused on a recent gastronomical fad: wine tasting! Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar opened on May 1st of this year in the Italy Pavilion at EPCOT. I am very much looking forward to experiencing the wine cellar this Fall and especially after reading details about it from the Disney Parks blog. Tutto Gusto is a 96-seat venue with an intimate décor that took its inspiration from none other than an authentic Italian wine cellar. With over 200 Italian wines to choose from, there’s plenty to enjoy. A small plates menu is also offered for those wishing to have some light bites while enjoying their wine.

As you can see, Disney has been doing a fantastic job of creating new venues that cater to adult Disney lovers. I can’t wait to see what they think up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment