Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Trip to the Michigan Ave. Disney Store in Chicago

My apologies for not adding a new post in over week, but I am happy to say in the meantime I have been on vacation visiting family in Chicago, Illinois and just returned from a fantastic time! While there, I of course made sure that I stopped at the famous Michigan Ave. Disney Store. I typically visit the Disney Store at the Tyson’s Corner mall every other week and while it is a fantastic store, it was so great to see another location, especially one as large as the store on Michigan Ave.


Since the location on Michigan Ave. is a stand-alone store, they were really able to enhance the “magic” oftr65 their entrance. There’s a beautiful mosaic tiled entry floor featuring Mickey and Minnie. The entrance also features several not-so-hidden Mickeys such as the door handles and the chandeliers. On the walls of the entry way are two great (and perhaps not so well-known) quotes from Walt Disney: “Animation can explain whatever the mind of man can conceive” and “The things that we have in common far outnumber and outweigh those that divide us.”





The interior of the store is really well done too. If you look at the ceiling you’ll see classic Disney characters acting as if they’re playing around in a Hollywood soundstage. My favorite was Peter Pan and Captain Hook battling it out on a catwalk.


Another reason I wanted to make sure I stopped by this particular store is because it is one of the only Disney Stores that offers Disney merchandise specific to that city! I was really amazed at the variety of items they had to offer: from t-shirts, notebooks, thermoses, bags, plushes and more.



Besides the city-specific merchandise, the sheer size of the store really allowed it to offer a lot more merchandise than your typical mall Disney Store. I have to say I was QUITE excited when I spotted some plushes of some of my favorite Disney characters…ALL Three Caballeros in their sombreros! Just too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment