Wednesday, May 30, 2012

OHMIGOSH Bread Pudding! from Ragland Road

Being a College Program participant in 2003, I spent many Thursday nights (Cast Member free-entry nights) at Pleasure Island dancing the night away during my internship. In 2006, when I returned to WDW for my Professional Internship, I was anxious to go back and also excited to learn there were several new additions to the Island, including a brand new Irish pub. Ragland Road was still very fresh and new and with all the other nostalgic dance clubs Pleasure Island had to offer, hanging out  at an Irish pub just sounded a bit too ordinary.



Oh how quickly that changed. Ragland Road soon became the happy hour location central for several Guest Relations Cast Members and several nights out of the week we’d meet in our favorite corner table near the entrance to enjoy pints, Irish music and share our hilarious and magical stories from the day.

In 2011, 3 years since I had been working for the Mouse, I took my boyfriend with me for his first trip to Disney and our first time together as guests. One evening one of my best friends, James, who still works for Disney with Disney Special Activities, invited us to join him at Ragland Road for a pint or two. It was just as I had remembered, but with SOOO many more people! I suppose with the sad closing of the Pleasure Island clubs, guests don’t really have many other choices of places to go. Nevertheless, it still had the same great ambiance. James brought us over to the bar and managed to find us three bar stools near the stage. Creel was playing an excellent rendition of Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons while James told me the story again of the lead singer/fiddle player. “Guess what his name is, just guess! Colin Farrell! No joke!” I had forgotten that the talented musician had the same name as Irish hunk actor Colin Farrell. “And you see that dancer with the brown hair? Her name is Danielle and they just got married not too long ago.” After a few more chuckles about Colin, James signaled the bartender and requested something incredible. “We’ll have two bread puddings please.” OHMIGOSH! The BREAD PUDDING!



The most decadent dessert I have and probably will ever have. It’s ooy-gooy texture was just as I had remembered with two sauces on the side: one some kind of mapley syrup masterpiece and the other a probable 2,000 calorie per teaspoon butter sauce. On the menu, they call it “Ger’s Bread & Butter Pudding” and claim it’s “Like no other pudding you’ve ever had. Believe us.” Well, they certainly live up to their promise and then some! At just $8.50 a serving it’s a STEAL! How can anything taste that good? My boyfriend has already marked it as an asterisked-exclamation-point agenda item for our trip this Fall. Just one of the many little SWEET things that makes going to Disney just so great. Ahhh, I can almost smell that bread pudding after typing this! *drool*

No comments:

Post a Comment